Sunday, November 30, 2008

Grateful and not

For some reason, I feel grateful today.

I feel grateful for having a peaceful life (I think).
I feel grateful for having my bf to company me and try his best to comfort me (at times).
I feel grateful for being in school (still hate school).
I feel grateful for having a job (true).
I feel grateful for having a healthy body (true).
I feel grateful that my FALL semester classes are not all that hard (wished I work a little harder).
I feel grateful that I will soon graduate and move on to a new chapter (that is if I get all my classes).

Today is Sunday; in other words, work. Something I dont feel all too grateful for. I am helping my parents out on sunday and I am much willing to help them. Besides its kinda nice to have a whole day with them since I dont see them much. However, I have been doing this since 2003. It has been a long time. I just wish that I can have some of the Sundays to myself to recover from school and other stress or just to relax. For example, I went to Reno one Saturday morning to watch a Concert. The next morning, I had my boyfriend rush me back to SF to get my car so that I can drive all the way down here to my parents. In that case, I wished I had that Sunday to myself. Right now, its just me and my second brother. What happened that my other brother and a sister? Lets just say, they say they have STUFF to do. They havent been coming for a long time by now. SEE! How can I request a Sunday off when theres really no one willing to take my place. I see my parents position, if not, its gonna be a whole lot different. See my point. I am willing but at times, I need my space. My dad on the other hand, will never see my position. He, a traditional man, thinks that its his childrens duties to help him at any cost. On the other hand, my mom, traditional but not as stubborn as my dad, understands the need to relax and time to self.

I feel grateful but at the same time, I feel out of place.

No comments: